Her Bad Mother has a beautiful and, as always, honest post about her personal experience with motherhood and is leading an initiative to connect mothers around the world with a single blog post per mom.
From The World According To Mom…
Here’s how it’s going to work: this post that you’re reading? Is the departure lounge. I’m going to link to a couple of other mom bloggers here in Canada, and to a couple of mom bloggers from other countries around the world, and they’ll write their posts, sharing 5 things that they love (or maybe what they don’t so much love – this playground doesn’t force conformity) about being a mom, and then they’ll tag a few more bloggers from their own country and from other countries, and so on. And you’re more than welcome to join: just write a post of your own (5 things that you love about being a mom) and find someone to link to and tag – someone from your own country, if you like, but definitely someone from another country (Google is a good resource if you don’t know any; google any country name and ‘mom’ in their blog search function) (be sure to let them know that you’ve tagged them!) – and link back here and leave a comment and we’ll add you to the ‘itinerary,’ which David will compile and post and update as the tour proceeds.
5 things I love about being a mom:
- The way my heart feels physically heavier in my chest and tears come to my eyes when I really think about how much I love my boys
- Holding hands
- That all holidays are magical and mystical again
- That each encounter with an animal of any kind is like finding a treasure chest full of gold
- That these precious, amazing, beautiful, gifts from God finds that snuggling with me is the best way to end their day
5 things I don’t like about being a mom…
- That ever nagging question in the back of mind, “Am I screwing them up?”
- Wondering if they will remember the times I lost it… hoping they remember the gold star moments
- That within 10 minutes of cleaning the house it can look like a tornado came through it
- Fighting in the back seat of the car, in grocery store, in the bathroom, at birthday parties, from separate beds at night in the dark when they are supposed to be asleep, in the…
The next desination: