I saw this recipe somewhere a while back (I can’t for the life of me remember exactly where…) it’s based on a recipe that chef’s make themselves when they get home at midnight… thus #midnightPasta.
My youngest son wants to be a chef so we learned to make it together and now it’s one of our family staples. The fun thing is that it’s so super simple it would be a great dish to have your kiddos help out with.
Recipe: instaRecipe Midnight Pasta
Summary: Super Simple, Super Quick, Super Yummy Pasta for Your Family
- 1 lb of spaghetti
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 5 garlic gloves – minced
- 1 cup of the pasta water
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- Optional – White Wine While You Wait
- Course Salt and Cracked Black Pepper to taste
- Boil the pasta to the package instructions – reserve one cup of the water towards the end of cooking.
- Add oil and garlic to a warm skillet. You only want to warm the garlic, not saute the garlic. Towards the end of cooking the pasta add the cup of pasta water to the oil.
- Chop the parsley. Measure the Parmesan. Pour some white wine. Sip. Wait for the pasta to cook.
- Drain the pasta. Toss it in the skillet. Add the parsley and the cheese. Chunk in the butter. Stir till the butter melts.
- Serve immediately… or move to a serving dish – or your cheese will start to the stick to the pan not your pasta.
- Sprinkle on Salt and Pepper… yum!
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Mix it all together – serve it on top of pasta.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 6