This is one the easiest, yummiest, prettiest appetizers I know… and when the cheesy goodness starts oozing out for your guest to gobble up… they will crown you a cooking goddess. Just grin and accept their praise graciously, keeping the simplicity of the recipe tucked up in the recipe box.
- 1 – 8 inch round of Brie
- 1 package of frozen puff pastry (like Pepperidge Farms, 2 packages come in 1 box)
- 1 egg, beaten
- Jar of Fig Preserves
- Sliced French Bread, crackers, flat bread, or anything of the like
- Take pastry out of freezer and drop in on the counter – leave it to thaw, about 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Unroll the pastry inside a 9 inch glass pie dish. Take the cheese out of the package, place it in the center of the pastry and wrap the pastry around the cheese, stretching it to close completely around the cheese.
- Flip it over and brush it with the beaten egg
- Pop it in the oven for 20 minutes
- Drop the temp to 325 degrees and let it cook another 20 minutes
- Take it out of the oven and let it sit for 20 minutes
- Spread about a cup or so of the preserves around the baked brie.
- Cut a wedge out and watch the cheesy goodness flow out to the ooh & aahs of those who get to partake in this wonderfulness.
- Spread it on a piece of bread and eat that up – cause it’s good!
Variations: Use any kind of preserves you want, Raspberry Chipolte is pretty rockin’. You can also place chopped, sugared walnuts or pecan on top of the cheese inside the pastry… I haven’t tried this one, but I have read it pretty dang good as well.