For February, with Valentine’s Day, I figured it was a good time to blog about Rose essential oil. Rose essential oil has a VERY strong sense and it has HUGE therapeutic benefits… it’s not just for perfume. Known as the “Queen of Flowers,” rose scent associated with love and romance , it is associated with the heart chakra and associated with the Lover archetype.
Rose essential oil has been used for a thousand years in skin care treatments, it works wonders dry skin. The aroma of rose essential oil penetrates right to the amygdala who’s primary role in the processing of memory and emotional reactions. Rose essential oil is believed to affect biological factors such as heart rate, stress levels, blood pressure, breathing, and immune function.
Characteristics of Rose Essential Oil
- Botanical Name: Rosa damascena
- Common Method of Extraction: Solvent Extracted or Steam Distilled (called Rose Otto)
- Part Typically Used: Flowers/Petals
- Color: Deep Red for Rose Absolute, Light Yellow for Rose Otto
- Consistency: Thick for the Rose Absolute, Thin for Rose Otto
- Perfumery Note: Middle
- Strength of Initial Aroma: Strong
- Aromatic Description: Strongly floral, sweet.
Uses of Rose Essential Oil
- Bring the female hormones back into balance
- Relief for respiratory infections, asthma, coughs, hay fever, liver congestion, and nausea
- Helps with chronic aches and pains, monthly cramps, or headaches
- Soothes the mind, helps with anger, grief, depression, fear, stress, and tension
- Calms and supports the heart, nourishs ‘heart-yin’ – restore a sense of well-being
- Brings warmth to the soul – heals emotional wounds
Rose Essential Oil Blend for an Open Heart
- 2 drops rose essential oil
- 2 drops jasmine essential oil
- 3 drops ylang ylang essential oil
Add all essential oils to a diffuser for a romantic stay at open date with your sweetie!