02 Mar #5. Consistency is as Important as it Ever Was: Top 10 take aways from the Mom 2.0 Summit
Ever see a blue McDonald’s Logo or the ever recognizable scripty fonted Coca-Cola printed in neon green? Me neither! These super-mega-world-domineering brands practice a very simple marketing rule… consistency.
The web today is changing the face of marketing… allowing individuals, small businesses, non-profits and super-mega-world-domineering brands alike the opportunity to reach their audiences in new and amazing ways. Still, I believe consistency is as important as it ever was.
Marketing is shifting away from the drowning roar of “let me tell you why you should buy my thing-a-ma-bob” to “let’s have a relationship and you will buy my product cause you like & trust me.” There are so many online social marketing tools available now, with more popping up each day… your brand (personal or corporate) can become very easily and quickly diluted. Enter the age old rule of consistency… make sure you look and sound the same where ever you are. Well what does that look like? If you are just getting your feet wet with social marketing/media, try this as a goal:
- Your avatar is the same on facebook, twitter, linkedin, flickr, etc.
- You name is the same everywhere.
- jjlassberg at g mail dot com
- You website, blog and twitter background all compliment each other… if not exactly the same.
- Where ever you are online, make sure that all the info, pictures, colors, fonts and design elements are as consistent as you can make them.
This will let people know that no matter where they connect with you online, they have indeed connected with YOU… which goes back to the trusting and liking and buying from you thing.
Ian Muttoo via Compfight