Lemongrass is a truly amazing, versatile essential oil. From anti-inflammatory to detox for the lymph… all the way to insect repellent, lemongrass has a phenomenal therapeutic range. One of the best benefits of lemongrass… it can regenerate connective tissue! It can be used to help treat connective tissue injuries and inflammation issues like tendonitis.
With an intense citrus scent, lemongrass is powerful and earthy. It is sweeter than pure lemon. Lemongrass has historically been used to help soothe aching muscles and joints as well as support healthy digestion. Lemongrass releases resentment, allows the left brain to see options, encourages optimism, courage and hope.
Lemongrass Essential Oil:
Lemongrass Essential oil is an analgesic, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antioxidant, antiparasitic, antiseptic, antiviral, astringent, bactericidal, carminative, deodorant, digestive, febrifuge, fungicidal, insecticidal, nervine, sedative, tonic
Uses of Lemongrass Essential Oil
- Combat Allergies and Asthma
- Support healing from Colds and Flu
- Ease Constipation
- Reduce Fever
- Aid Hypertension
- Soothe Sore Throat
- Relieve Stomach Ache
- Lower Stress
Some of the more popular application of Lemongrass essential oil are:
Used in regular massage Lemongrass essential oil soothes large muscle and feet
- Simply inhaling Lemongrass essential oil can be effective at relieving migraine pain
Lemongrass is certified by the FDA as GRAS and can be taken internally for stomach issues and for high cholesterol
- Open the solar plexus chakra and can convert negative into positive energy
Characteristics of Lemongrass Essential Oil
- Botanical Name: Cymbopogon citratus
- Common Method of Extraction: Steam Distilled
- Part Typically Used: Grass
- Color: Pale Yellow to Vivid Yellow
- Consistency: Thin
- Perfumery Note: Top
- Strength of Initial Aroma: Strong
- Aromatic Description: Fresh, lemony, earthy.
Essential Oil Blend: Lemongrass Essential Oil Fresh Room Spritzer
Summary: Relieve tension, revitalize, invigorate, and inspire with this Lemongrass Essential Oil Room Freshning Spray
- 4 drops lemongrass
- 8 drops fir essential oil
- 2 drops grapefruit essential oil
- 2 drops sweet orange essential oil
- 2 ounces distilled water
- Add the oils to the distilled water and pour into spritzer bottle. Shake this blend before spraying into rooms and closets.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Blends Well With: A strong middle note, blends with basil, bergamot, black pepper, cedarwood, clary sage, coriander, cypress, fennel, geranium, ginger, grapefruit, lavender, lemon, marjoram, orange, palmarosa, patchouli, rosemary, tea tree, thyme, vetiver, ylang ylang
Precaution: However this oil can cause extreme skin irritation therefore, dilution is highly recommended. Children under 6 should not use this oil.