20 Aug Kick-Start Your Day with Lemon Water
Top 10 Benefits to Starting Your Day with Lemon Water
I first heard of someone drinking a warm glass of lemon water first thing in the morning about 10 years ago. At the time I thought there is no way I am going to give up my cup coffee! I have been hearing more about drinking lemon water first thing in the day and decided to check into it. After loads of google led blog post/article/research paper reading I am convinced this is a worthwhile change to make to your daily routine… and no giving up coffee! Just start with lemon water before anything else.
At less than 25 calories, a glass of lemon juice is rich in nutrients like calcium, potassium, and vitamin C. Lemon is a strongly antibacterial, antiviral, as well as immune-boosting. Lemon also aids in weight loss because it’s a digestion booster and liver cleanser.
It’s pretty simple… Each morning grab a mug of lukewarm water and squeeze in a half or full lemon, depending on how intense you want to go. Use organic lemons if you can. Stick with warm water as cold water takes your body more energy to process and you won’t take in all the nutrients this exercise has to offer.
- Boost Your Immunity: Lemon is a rich source of vitamin C, essential to your body’s ability to protect against sickness.
- Lose Weight: Lemon aids digestion, promotes the production of bile, supports colon health, and stimulates bowel movements… finally fiber pectin fights hunger cravings.
- Balance pH: Lemon is an alkalizing foods for the body. Many believe that disease occurs when the body is too acidic. Lemon helps to balance the pH levels in the body.
- Flush Toxins: The warm lemon water is a diuretic, increasing your rate of urination and allowing your body to flush toxins faster.
- Daily Dose of Vitamins: Lemon is a great source citric acid, magnesium, potassium, calcium, and phosphorus.
- Anti-Inflammatory: Lemon helps to dissolve uric acid, reducing inflammation in your joints and relieving pain.
- Kick a Cold: With a high dose of vitamin C and the ability to reduce phlegm production, lemon water can help you get over that cold faster.
- Clear Skin: The intense boost in vitamin C, as well as other antioxidants, help decrease wrinkles and blemishes
- Freshen Breath: As an anti-bacterial, lemon can kill bad breath causing bacteria as well as fight gingivitis.
- Brighten Your Mood: Lemon and Lemongrass are go to mood boosters in aromatherapy. Starting your day with lemon water will wake you up, clear your mind, and get you going.