All the images in the “Grounded Navigator” and “Slow Walker” SoulCollage ® Card are Public Domain, Copyright-Free images from The Collage Chronicles™. Each edition is a collection of free to use images, symbolism, inspiration & more for all those SoulCollage® fans out there.
All of you is worthy and worth knowing better. ™
“Dear Gorgeous Genius: You possess exceptional capacities that are absolutely unique. You’re a masterpiece unlike any other that has ever lived in the history of the world. Furthermore, the precise instructions you need to ripen into your genius have always been with you, even from the time before you were born. In the words of psychologist James Hillman, you have a soul’s code. You might also call it the special mission you cam to Earth to carry out; the divine blueprint that contains the open secret of how to be perfectly, unpredictably yourself; the master plan that is your heart’s deepest desire.” ~ Rob Brezsny, “Pronoia Is the Antidote for Paranoia, How the Whole World Is Conspiring to Shower You with Blessings”
SoulCollage ® Cards are made by tearing or clipping images (often from magazines) and then combining them into a collaged card. Most SoulCollage ® decks consists of four “suits”:
- The Committee Suit is made up of cards that represent aspects of our own personality and life experiences.
- The Community Suit cards represent friends, family, pets, figures, and even very special places that are influential in our lives.
- The Companion Suit consists of the one card per major Chakra that is partnered with a specific animal “companion” through guided meditation.
- The Council Suit is made up of cards representing archetypal energies that are significant in our personal journey.
While, Committee and Council cards are often made quickly and intuitively, Community and Companion cards are generally created intentionally.
Our Committee Suit SoulCollage ® Cards
Our Committee Suit SoulCollage ® Cards consists of all our unique aspects. They are the parts of our personal self, created and framed by each of our individual experiences of the world and all of our relationships. While “The Mother” is a universally understood energy, recognized across all cultures and all times – your inner mother aspect is the part of you that holds your unique representation of the universal mother archetype. The cards in the Committee Suit of our SoulCollage ® decks represent the many inner parts of our personality… recurring patterns… roles we have in our lives. They can be light and likable, they can be tender and hidden, they can be suppressed and pushed to the shadows. They are all the many parts of ourselves. By consulting a Committee card we have the opportunity to discover what it reflects back to us about ourselves and allows us to reclaim inner balance.
Council versus Committee SoulCollage ® Cards
- The Judge
- The Creator
- The Mother
- The Child
- The Fool
- The Crone
- The Sovereign
- The Healer
- The Lover
- The Seeker
- Your Inner Critic
- Your Poet
- The One Who Knows How to Nurture
- Your Inner Child
- The Family Clown
- Your Wise Woman
- Your Inner Queen
- The One Who Kisses the Ouch-ie Away
- The One Who Forgives
- Your Rebellious Adolescent
Other Examples of Committee Cards
- I Am The One Who is Your Slow Walker. I am the one who tells you to slooooww down. I know the world is full of beauty and I encourage to seek it out.
- I Am The One Who Is Your Broken Dancer. I am the one who knows your body and tells you to dance anyway.
- I Am The One Who Is Your Balanced Infant. I am the one who is infinitely loved and accepted. I know how to trust and forgive.
- I Am The One Who Is Your Owl Woman. I am the one who honors the old ways. I know and guide you in the ceremonies of your ancestors.
- I Am The One Who Is Your Fortress. I am the one who protects the tenderness of your heart. I know how to trust and how to set healthy boundaries.
- I Am The One Who Knows All The Doors Are Open Already. I am the one who can see all paths are possible, there are no barriers to your dreams.
- I Am The One Who Is Your Beautiful Busy Mind. I am the one who is always stirred, who is always creating, imagining, building, connecting.
- I Am The One Who Is Your Frugal Joy. I am the one who knows the pleasure of planting seeds and reaping abundance.
Making SoulCollage® Council Cards
There are two types of SoulCollage® cards, those that you approach and create with a purpose to represent a predetermined aspect and those that you make with no pre-planning – allowing the images to come to you and the card to manifest from your intuition and unconsciousness.
Intentional: Making cards intentionally means consciously choosing what the card will represent. Creating a card intentionally would mean choosing to make a card that held a specific aspect and finding the specific images you want to use in the card. Community Cards, like a card for your childhood pet and Council Cards, like a card for “Birth” are most often created intentionally.
Intuitive: When you simply shift through your gathered images and find a handful that you are drawn to in the moment and then use those images to make a card, you are making that care intuitively. Most Committee Cards can be made intuitively as well. They often identify themselves as “I am the one who is your Playful Child” versus “I am “The Child” which can be helpful in identifying an intuitive card as a Committee Card.