All the images in “The Protector” SoulCollage ® Card are Public Domain, Copyright-Free images from The Collage Chronicles™. Each edition is a collection of free to use images, symbolism, inspiration & more for all those SoulCollage® fans out there.
An integral part of anyone’s SoulCollage ® Deck are the “Source, SoulEssence, and Witness” Transpersonal Cards,
“Now, let me share some thoughts about SoulEssence, that spark of Source within each living being. SoulEssence contains an imprint of what this being is to become in life. This is a unique imprint, one that we humans seem to be able to become aware of, and we can assist or block its manifestation. However, SoulEssence is a silent card representing its formless potential. SoulEssence is a divine gift that wants to take on form.” ~ Seena Frost, creator of SoulCollage ® August 2011 Neter Letter
There are only 3 other SoulCollage® Cards it has been suggested I make and have available in my deck through the years:
- “The Fool” SoulCollage Card in The Council Suit
- “The Happy Child” SoulCollage Card in the Committee Suit
- “The Protector” SoulCollage Card in the Council Suit
I am the one who is “The Protector” SoulCollage ® Card
When reading my cards in moments of deeper exploration, I have found that in addition to the 3 Transpersonal Cards, I would have liked to have “The Protector” Card sitting as an additional witness. It would be a nice reminder that I am always safe, loved, and accepted when personal growth work and internal exploration reveals tender and wounded places within. A reminder that all of me is worthy and worth knowing better.
If you are interested in a “Protector” SoulCollage ® card of your own, here is some interesting information I curated and collaged together from all across the world wide web…
The Protector SoulCollage® Card
“The Protector” Golden Characteristics
“No power on this earth greater than the devotion of an awakened protector” Rebecca Tinkle
- Always willing to help
- Love physical work that engages with others
- Fosters meaningful relationships
- The ultimate go-to when it comes to fixing any problems
- Want a life of purpose
“The Protector” Shadow Characteristics:
The wounded protector is fiercely protective and not to be trifled with.
- Internally conflicted by drive to work alone and interact with others
- Can be unmotivated by work that does make a positive impact
- Feels displaced in empty promise laden, modern-world
- Takes on more work than they can realistically finish
- Can be overly-sensitive
- Can be profoundly lonely
- Prone to depression and apathy
- Have difficulty expressing emotions
- Insensitive when overwhelmed
Gifts from “The Protector” that may come from your SoulCollage ® Card
My son smelled like a cinnamon bun, and that smell entered into my biological being, and it became an imperative that I keep him alive at all costs, so then there’s this monster – this tiger or lion – that comes forward in you to protect them. And it doesn’t stop. It doesn’t matter if they become men or women. ~ Frances McDormand
- I give you permission to work toward your own dreams. This is not selfish – it is essential.
- I give you the ability to say, “No, I’m not available at this time.” You can break the pattern of saving people.
- You are allowed to seek the solitude your soul requires.
- I give you permission to mourn the difficulties in your life. Mourning is an important step in letting go.
- You are allowed to relax, recharge, and reflect. You do not have to spend your free time helping others.
- You have everything you need to navigate the hard lessons in life. They will help you grow in confidence, wisdom and discernment.
- I give the permission to pause before you say yes.
- You are worthy of safety. You are worth protecting.
Can also be associated with these SoulCollage ® Cards:
- Guardian Angel
Essential Oils associated with Protection:
You protect your being when you love yourself better. That’s the secret. ~ Isabelle Adjani
- Basil: Traditionally used for protection and to increase wealth.
- Black Pepper: Believed to create a sphere of positive energy surrounding your body. Can protect you during rough times.
- Cedarwood: Can block against negative energy from people and places.
- Frankincense: Ancient purification essential oil best used to create luck, encourage protection and invite spirit into your life.
- Geranium: Believed to defend against all incoming negative energy and invite in love, fertility, protection.
- Juniper This woodsy scent is especially considered for protection.
- Lemon: Considered uplifting, releases doubt, alleviates fear and clears negative vibration.
- Sage: An ancient tool for blessing, protection and reverence. Exceptionally good for clearing negativity.
- Sandalwood: This oil is most noted for its properties of protection, purification and spiritual discoveries.
Other Interesting Information:
Egyptian goddess of protection
Serket (also known as Serqet, Selkis, and Selket) is an Egyptian goddess of protection associated with the scorpion. She was worshiped widely in Lower Egypt as a great Mother Goddess in the Predynastic Period (c. 6000- c. 3150 BCE) and so is among the older deities of Egypt. She is associated with healing, magic, and protection, and her name means “She Who Causes the Throat to Breathe”. Her symbols are the scorpion, the Ankh, and the Was Sceptre, all of which convey her benevolent aspects. In the Predynastic Period, she was the protector of the Kings as evidenced by archaeological finds linking her by the name Serqet to the Scorpion Kings, defeated at some point around the reign of Narmer (c. 3150 BCE). During that period she was already closely associated with protection and her worship had grown from the Delta Region of Lower Egypt to the cities of Upper Egypt.
The Protection of the Mother of God
The Protection of the Mother of God is one of the most beloved feast days on the Orthodox calendar among the Slavic peoples, commemorated on October 1. The feast is celebrated additionally on October 28 in the Greek tradition. It is also known as the feast of the Virgin Mary’s Cerement.
In most Slavic languages the word “cerement” has a dual meaning of “veil” and “protection.” The Russian word Pokrov (Покров), like the Greek Skepi (Σκέπη), has a complex meaning. First of all, it refers to a cloak or shroud, but it also means protection or intercession. For this reason, the name of the feast is variously translated as the Veil of Our Lady, the Protecting Veil of the Theotokos, the Protection of the Theotokos, or the Intercession of the Theotokos.
Books & Movies with Protectors:
All images in “The Protector” SoulCollage ® Card come from The Collage Chronicles™ where I will be endeavoring to Curate & Collage the Best of the World Wide Web just for You! Each edition is a collection of free to use images, symbolism, inspiration & more for all those SoulCollage® fans out there.
Most importantly, all the images are Public Domain, Copyright-Free images you can use for your SoulCollage® Cards. You are free to adapt and use all the images, even for commercial purposes, without attributing the original photographer or source.
You can post SoulCollage® Cards made with the images in The Collage Chronicles™ to all of your social media profiles.