19 Jun SoulCollage ®: The Companion Suit
All the images in the “Sacral Chakra” SoulCollage ® Card are Public Domain, Copyright-Free images from The Collage Chronicles™ Companion Edition. Each edition is a collection of free to use images, symbolism, inspiration & more for all those SoulCollage® fans out there.[divider pre_color=”red” type=”solid” width=”100%” height=”1px” hex_color=””]
[info_bg pre_bg_color=”red” pre_text_color=”white” width=”100%” text_align=”left” hex_bg_color=”” hex_text_color=””]SoulCollage ® is a fun and creative process for self-discovery. By creating and intuitively analyzing a personal deck of collaged cards, SoulCollage ® participants, “SoulCollagers” can come to know and accept themselves at a deeper level.
All of you is worthy and worth knowing better. ™[/info_bg]
“Peace comes from within.
Do not seek it without.”
~ Siddhārtha Gautama
SoulCollage ® Cards are made by tearing or clipping images (often from magazines) and then combining them into a collaged card. Most SoulCollage ® decks consists of four “suits”:
- The Committee Suit is made up of cards that represent aspects of our own personality and life experiences.
- The Community Suit cards represent friends, family, pets, figures, and even very special places that are influential in our lives.
- The Companion Suit consists of the one card per major Chakra that is partnered with a specific animal “companion” through guided meditation.
- The Council Suit is made up of cards representing archetypal energies that are significant in our personal journey.
While, Committee and Council cards are often made quickly and intuitively. Companion cards are generally created intentionally with the aid of a guided meditation created by SoulCollage® creator, Seena Frost.
Who are our Companions in SoulCollage ®?
In her book, SoulCollage® Evolving, Seena says:
“The Neters of the Companion suit are mirrors for the energies of your physical and subtle bodies, their flow, their blockages, and their changing ability to help and heal…or to hinder and hurt.”
In the Companion Suit of our SoulCollage® deck, Seena invites us to use the subtle-energy field that interacts with our physical body. This energy is concentrated in spirals of energy that in yoga practices are known as “chakras” a Sanskit word meaning “wheels of light.” A guided visualization then helps us intuitively select and connect a companion animal for each chakra that for each of us holds the energy of our specific “wheels of light.”
[info_border pre_border_color=”red” width=”100%” text_align=”left” hex_border_color=”” hex_text_color=””]“Our fellow creatures, the animals, exhibit habit patterns that will relay these messages of healing to anyone astute enough to observe their lessons on how to live. The precious gifts of true medicine are free… When you call upon the power of an animal, you are asking to be drawn into complete harmony with the strengths of the creature’s essence. Gaining understanding from these brothers and sisters of the animal kingdom is a healing process, and must be approached with humility and intuitiveness. Certain aspects of the lesson given by these brothers and sisters have been chosen to reflect the lessons each spirit needs to learn on the Good Red Road. These are the lessons of being human, being vulnerable, and seeking wholeness with all that is. ” ~ Medicine Cards: The Discovery of Power Through the Ways of Animals by Sams, Jamie, Carson, David[/info_border]
Seena Frost called our animal companions our “chakra allies.” These are a system of seven energy centers located along the spine. Each chakra corresponds to an area of the body, a set of behavioral characteristics and stages of spiritual growth. We generally recognize the seven major chakras, each associated with a different part of the body along the spine from the perineum to the crown of your head. Each chakra correlates with a particular body location, a color, a central emotional/behavioral issue, as well as many other personal aspects including identity, goals, rights, etc.
These seven major chakras are:
- Muladhara (Root Chakra): base of the spine
- Svadhisthana (Sacral Chakra): lower back/hip
- Manipura (Solar Plexus Chakra): solar plexus
- Anahata (Heart Chakra): heart area
- Visshudha (Throat Chakra) – throat and ears
- Ajna (Third-Eye Chakra): brow, between the eyes
- Sahasrara (Crown Chakra): top of head
Through many kinds of energetic work, including massage, meditation, yoga, acupuncture, breathwork, and visualization, this energy flow can be opened, balanced, and directed so it flows more freely and naturally through the body. Doing energy work enhances our physical health and also our mental and emotional health. As we work with our personal, energetic rhythms, they come to be more in tune with the rhythms of nature. Your SoulCollage® cards in this suit can be used in many ways to help you towards this balance. ~ Kylea Taylor, “The Companion Suit”
Seena Frost, “The SoulCollage ® Companion Suit”
Physicians now recognize energy as treatable. In the modality of SoulCollage®, we also recognize how vital the body’s energies are to how healthy and joyful and creative our soul can feel. That’s why we include the Companions as one suit in the SoulCollage® deck of Neters, equal in importance to the other three.
Discovering Your SoulCollage® Companion Suit
- Any kind of work dealing with Animal Energies, Spirit Animals and/or Totems can help you identify your Companions. Trust your intuition.
- If you have always had an affinity for a certain animal, find a Chakra mediation you like and use it to help discern which Chakra this animal could be the Companion for. For example, I have been in love with elephants my whole life. When introduced to the Companion Suit, I immediately knew the elephant was the Companion to my Root Chakra.
- Read, or have someone read aloud to you, the Companion visualization in Seena Frost’s, “SoulCollage® Evolving: An Intuitive Collage Process for Self-Discovery and Community“
- You can purchase the Companion Suit Audio, which includes Seena reading the visualization, The Companions Suit (Your SoulCollage Cards, 3) Audio CD
[info_border pre_border_color=”red” width=”100%” text_align=”left” hex_border_color=”” hex_text_color=””][row][col_2]Want to post pictures of your Companion Cards online and in your Social Media Profiles? Find Copyright Free, Public Domain images to create your Companion Suit SoulCollage® Cards in the “Companion Edition” of “The Collage Chronicles™”
Getting to Know Your SoulCollage ® Companions
As you identify each Companion connected to your seven major Chakras, it is wise to spend time both learning about each Chakra and about the coordinating animal companion. In her article “Getting to Know Your Animal Totems” SoulCollage® Facilitator, Karen Mann, suggest the following questions:
- How does the animal move?
- Where does the animal live?
- What are its habits?
- How does it defend itself?
- What does it eat and how does it find food?
- What are its mating habits and how does it raise its young?
- What can I learn from myths, legends, stories and folklore?
- What are the positive and negative aspects of this animal?
Making SoulCollage ® Companion Cards
There are two types of SoulCollage® cards, those that you approach and create with a purpose to represent a predetermined aspect and those that you make with no pre-planning – allowing the images to come to you and the card to manifest from your intuition and unconsciousness.
Intentional: Making cards intentionally means consciously choosing what the card will represent. Creating a card intentionally would mean choosing to make a card that held a specific aspect and finding the specific images you want to use in the card. Community Cards, like a card for your childhood pet and Companion Cards, like a card for your Heart Chakra are most often created intentionally.
Intuitive: When you simply shift through your gathered images and find a handful that you are drawn to in the moment and then use those images to make a card, you are making that care intuitively. Companion cards can be made intuitively as well. If an intuitively created card features a specific animal and you feel a connection in your body when reading the card, it may be helping you to identify it as a Companion Card.
Want to dive deeper into SoulCollage® and all the Suits in your deck? My Intro to SoulCollage® course offers a comprehensive introduction with step by step instructions, easy to use resources, and gentle & nurturing guidance so you can begin or further your SoulCollage® right from home today.
Continue to Explore Companions and Chakras for your SoulCollage® Cards:
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.