18 Jun The Seven Chakras in SoulCollage ® and Oracle Cards
In understanding the Companion Suit in SoulCollage ®, or Chakra Cards and Spreads in our SoulCollage ® and Oracle Card Decks it helps to have a deeper understanding of the Chakras themselves.
Chakra is a Sanskrit word meaning “spinning wheel”. These seven energy centers are located along our spines and each chakra corresponds to an area of the body, a set of behavioral characteristics and stages of spiritual growth. A chakra is an energy center and energy crossroad that allows the different energies that flow through your body to communicate and work together. Understanding how to fine tune and balance your chakras through spiritual guidance, physical activity and meditation can help bring alignment and peace to your mind, heart, body and spirit.
From the perineum to the crown of your head, each of your 7 chakras are associated with a different part of the body along the spine. Each is associated with:
- particular body location
- a color
- a central emotional/behavioral focus
- as well as many other personal aspects including identity, goals, shadows, etc.
The seven chakras are:
- Muladhara (Root Chakra) – base of the spine
- Svadhisthana (Sacral Chakra) – abdomen, genitals, lower back/hip
- Manipura (Solar Plexus Chakra) – solar plexus
- Anahata (Heart Chakra) – heart area
- Visshudha (Throat Chakra) – throat and ears
- Ajna (3rd Eye Chakra)- 3rd eye
- Sahasrara (Crown Chakra) – top of head
Our Root Chakra asks,
“What do I need to feel safe?”
- Color: red
- Stages of spiritual growth: physical identity, self preservation
- Location: This first chakra is located at the base of the spine and is our foundation, our seat
- Characteristics: our survival instincts, sense of grounding, and our connection to our bodies and the physical plane
- Goals: health, prosperity, security and tribe
Our Sacral Chakra asks,
“What do I need to feel connected?”
- Color: orange
- Stages of spiritual growth: emotional identity, self gratification
- Location: This is the second chakra and is located in the abdomen, lower back and sex organs
- Characteristics: This chakra is focused on our emotions and sexuality. It connects us to others through feeling, desire, sensation and movement.
- Goals: fluidity, grace, depth of feeling, sexual fulfillment, passion, creativity, and the ability to accept change
[divider pre_color=”orange” type=”solid” width=”100%” height=”1px” hex_color=””]
Our Solar Plexus Chakra asks,
“Where am I too powerful? Where am I not powerful enough?”
- Color: yellow
- Stages of spiritual growth: ego identity, self definition
- Location: This chakra is known as the power chakra located in the solar plexus
- Characteristics: Our Solar Plexas Chakra rules our personal power, will and individuality as well as our metabolism
- Goals: energy, effectiveness, spontaneity, boundaries, personal success and non dominating power.
[divider pre_color=”yellow” type=”solid” width=”100%” height=”1px” hex_color=””]
Our Heart Chakra asks,
“How can I be more loved and loving?
- Color: green
- Stages of spirit growth: social identity, self acceptance
- Location: This is the 4th chakra and is the middle of the system of seven, located in the middle of our chest
- Characteristics: love and the balance of opposites: mind/body, male/female, gold/shadow, ego/unity
- Goals: deep compassion, forgiveness, shame release, connection, peace and centerdness.
[divider pre_color=”green” type=”solid” width=”100%” height=”1px” hex_color=””]
Our Throat Chakra asks,
“Where do I need to speak? Where to I need to listen?”
- Color: turquoise
- Stages of spiritual growth: creative identity, self expression
- Location: The 5th chakra covers the area from our throat to our ears
- Characteristics: communication and your ability to understand and speak your inner truth “purely”
- Goals: speak, listen, and express ourselves openly and authentically, ability to hear the truth
[divider pre_color=”” type=”solid” width=”100%” height=”1px” hex_color=”#11bc9a”]
Our Third Eye Chakra asks,
“What am I seeing that I am not seeing?”
- Color: Indigo
- Stages of spiritual growth: archetypal identity, self reflection
- Location: This chakra is known as the brow chakra or third eye center.
- Characteristics: seeing, physically and intuitively
- Goals: open our psychic facilities, discernment, understand archetypal levels, see clearly, see the “big picture”
[divider pre_color=”blue” type=”solid” width=”100%” height=”1px” hex_color=””]
Our Crown Chakra asks,
“How can I be a conduit of bliss?”
- Color: purple
- Stages of spiritual growth: universal identity, self knowledge
- Location: The seventh chakra, it sits at the very top of your head
- Characteristics: consciousness as pure awareness, connection to the greater world, timeless spaceless place of all knowing
- Goals: knowledge, wisdom, understanding, spiritual connection and bliss
[divider pre_color=”purple” type=”solid” width=”100%” height=”1px” hex_color=””]
Magazine for SoulCollage ®, DIY Oracle Cards, and Collage Artists
[info_border pre_border_color=”red” width=”100%” text_align=”left” hex_border_color=”” hex_text_color=””][row][col_2]If you are looking for Royalty-Free, Public Domain images to create SoulCollage ® Companion cards, check out the “Companion Edition” of “The Collage Chronicles™” Curated and Collaged just for you, “The Collage Chronicles”™ is full of Royalty Free, Public Domain images for you to use in SoulCollage ®, DIY Oracle Cards and Intuitive Collage Art.